Here’s another recipe for those Heck sausages although I have adapted this one from a food mag I have.
I never used to like meat with fruit but I’ve recently started to experiment and I’m quite liking the different flavours. This one was really good – hubby and son gave it the thumbs up too!
The dish is 3 points on No Count or 3 points if tracking (plus the points for the potatoes).
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 16 chicken Italia Heck sausage
- 2 red onions, sliced
- a mango, cut into chunks
- 2 yellow peppers, cut into chunks
- 3 tsp jerk seasoning
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 150ml hot chicken stock, made with a chicken stock cube
- 2 tsp cornflour, mixed with a small amount of water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Put all the ingredients (apart from the cornflour) into a casserole dish and season well.
- Cook for about 50 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cornflour and cook for a further 10 mins.
Served here with roasted new potatoes – spray the potatoes with Frylight and sprinkle with salt. Cook on 180C for about 45 mins.