Another great vegan/vegetarian dish from Marie:
Ingredients (serves 2 large portions):
- 180g wholewheat pasta
- a tbsp of chilli infused oil or ordinary olive oil (from daily allowance)
- an onion, chopped
- a garlic clove, crushed
- a carton of passata
- a tin of chickpeas, drained
- fresh or tinned mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- black pepper
- 2 tsp of granulated sweetener
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling water.
2. Meanwhile, fry the onion and garlic gently for 5 minutes, until soft but not coloured, in the chilli oil (if you don’t have any healthy oil left use Frylight)
3. Add the chilli flakes, then add passata and bring up to simmer. Add the chickpeas and mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in granulated sweetener to taste.
5. Season with black pepper and stir through some torn fresh basil if you have any.
6. Stir the sauce through the pasta and serve.