Many thanks to Ann (@armyannie) for letting me have this recipe to add to the website. It’s delicious and well worth trying! The meatballs are free on No Count and, if tracking, they are 5 points per serving.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 40g bulgar wheat
- 500g beef mince (5% fat)
- half an onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a handful chopped fresh parsley
- a butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 400g chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Put the butternut squash chunks in an oven dish and spray with Frylight. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the meatballs. Soak the bulgar wheat in boiling water (just enough to cover it) and put the mince, onion, 2 garlic cloves, the cumin, cinnamon and parsley in a bowl.
- When the water has soaked into the bulgar wheat, add that to the bowl too and mix it all together.
- Mould the mixture into small balls and chill in the fridge while you make the sauce.
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan/wok and fry the remaining 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and vegetable stock, and season to taste.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Take the butternut squash out of the oven and pour the sauce over it. Place the meatballs in the sauce.
- Cook in the oven for about 35 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Great served with 70g wholewheat spaghetti (dried weight) which is free on No Count.