I decided to try this recipe out as I do like steak when it’s been cooked in the slow cooker as it’s nice and tender. However, I didn’t want to make a casserole. This meal is free on No Count and absolutely gorgeous! If tracking, the sauce is 1sp but you would need to count the steak after weighing it ( a medium one is around 5 points). You would also need to weigh and count any potatoes used.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- two steaks with any fat removed
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 250ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp Myprotein sugar-free butterscotch syrup
- Put the steaks and mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Make up the beef stock with a stock cube, then add the mustard and syrup. Stir it all together.
- Pour over the steaks and mushrooms, and season.
- I cooked this in the slow cooker on Low for four hours. Just keep an eye on the sauce – you want it to thicken up but not dry up.
Served here with oven roasted new potatoes and cauliflower and broccoli mash:
Oven roasted new potatoes – spray potatoes with Frylight and sprinkle with salt. Pop in the oven on 180C for about 40 mins.
Cauliflower and broccoli mash – cook the veg and mash it together. Add a dessert spoon of 0% Yeo Valley crème fraiche and season.