Hubby and son are in for a treat tonight with this dessert - and it's just 1 point per slice on No Count! If tracking, it would be 5sp a slice.
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 300g oats, blitzed in food processor
- a pinch of salt
- 2 flat tbsp Splenda
- 80g Flora light
- a sachet of strawberry flavour sugar-free jelly
- No Count raspberry jam (see recipe under ‘Desserts’)
- Make up the jelly using ½ pint boiling water and ¼ pint cold water. Leave to cool.
- Mix the oats, salt and Splenda before rubbing in the Flora.
- Add 8 tbsp cold water and knead into a ball.
- Using your hands, press the mixture into a round cake tin that has a removable bottom. Mould it so that there is an edge all the way round. (See pic below.)
- Cook in a pre-heated oven on 190C for 20 mins and then leave this base to cool.
- Once the base is cooled, cover the bottom of it with No Count jam.
- Slice and place the strawberries on the jam.
- Pour in the cooled jelly and leave in the fridge overnight to set.
Served here with Bird's low fat custard powder. Make up a sachet of custard powder with a pint of skimmed milk (return to the pan to thicken it up) and you can have 60g for 1 point.
The 'pastry' before it's cooked:
The strawberry tart: