This recipe can be Vegan, Veggie (use ordinary Quorn and dairy yogurt) or meat (using cooked chicken). It’s free on No Count, 8SP if you are counting and serves two.
- 2-3 shallots
- cooking spray (or use your daily healthy oil)
- garlic clove, crushed
- 300g mushrooms (I used mixed ones)
- 150ml veggie stock
- 100g plain soya yoghurt
- 3/4 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp dry tarragon
- 140g Vegan Quorn pieces
- zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper
- Fry your finely chopped shallots for 2 minutes, add garlic, mushrooms and 2 tbsp of stock and cook for a few minutes.
- Add Quorn & tarragon, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in the rest of the stock and let it bubble for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes
- Stir in the mustard & yogurt, you can’t do this when it is too hot or the yogurt would split.
- Warm slightly, season and serve with the lemon zest and a little reserved tarragon.
- Served here with new potato and green bean salad but you can use brown rice.