This is free on No Count if using your allowance of healthy oil.
- a tin of chickpeas, drained and washed (retain the liquid)
- 2 tsp tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 25ml extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- a tsp chilli oil (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients, apart from the chilli oil and paprika, into a blender and blend till smooth. You may have to add extra water from the chickpeas and will probably have to keep stopping and scraping the mixture down from the sides.
- When the desired consistency is reached, put in a bowl, sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with chilli oi,l if desired.
This keeps for a few days in the fridge.