This recipe is just 1 point per serving.
You could replace the wine with vegetable stock and use seasoned quark instead of parmesan, making the dish free on No Count.
- 4 lean rump steaks
- 700g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 400g butternut squash, peeled and thinly sliced
- one large courgette, thinly sliced
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 80ml white wine (2 points)
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan (2 points)
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 long shallot, blitzed in a food processor
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- In a casserole dish, layer the potato, squash, courgette and tomato. Sprinkle thyme and season every three layers. (I did nine layers in total, finishing with a layer of potatoes.)
- Pour the wine over the vegetables, put a lid on the casserole dish and pop in the oven for about 1 hour 15 mins.
- After this time, sprinkle the parmesan over the potatoes and pop back in the oven, uncovered, for a further 15 mins.
- For the steaks, mix the mustard, oregano and shallot in a bowl.
- Cook the steaks in a frying pan, sprayed with Frylight. When you turn them over, spread the mustard mixture onto the cooked side.