Easy Berry Spread
- 300g frozen berries (fresh when in season). I use frozen summer berries, raspberries, Black Forest fruits
- 4.5 tbsp maple syrup (basically 1.5 tbsp per 100g of fruit)
- Put berries into a saucepan, heat gently until juices start to flow, mash up a bit so you get more juice.
- Stir in the syrup, and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. ‘Jam’ is ready when thickened, but will thicken more as it cools.
I put mine in Kilner jars. The jam never lasts that long here but will keep for a week – store in the fridge. Lack of sugar means ‘setting’ point is a bit of a gamble, sometimes mine goes quite thick other times quite runny. The runny stuff I tend to use in yogurt etc. the thicker stuff on crumpets or toast. My husband, who is not a WW, never eats ordinary jam now – he likes this better!