With summer approaching, I thought I’d try a more fruity-flavoured brownie and these are absolutely delicious! Great for making if you have friends coming round then you’re not tempted to eat them all:-)
No Count: 1sp each or 2 for 3sp
WW Freestyle: 2sp each
Ingredients (makes 9):
- 20g self-raising flour
- 40g Ready Brek (or other brand of powdered oats)
- 40g cocoa powder
- 40g Natvia sweetener (or 0sp sweetener of your choice)
- a pinch of salt
- 200g low fat natural yogurt (use fat-free if following WW Freestyle)
- 2 eggs
- a tsp of Valencian orange extract
- 18g milk chocolate chips
- the zest of two oranges
- 80g raspberries, cut into smallish pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan).
- Put the flour, Ready Brek, cocoa powder, salt and sweetener in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the yogurt, beaten eggs and orange extract, and mix together.
- Put about a quarter of the chocolate chips, orange zest and raspberries to one side – this will go on top of the brownie mixture.
- Put the remaining chocolate chips and orange zest in the mixture and stir together.
- Finally, add the raspberries and stir in carefully so as not to break them up too much.
- Pour the mixture into a greaseproof-papered brownie tin and place the remaining chocolate chips, orange zest and raspberries on top. (My tin is 18cm x 24cm.)
- Bake in the oven for 23 – 25 mins.
- Take out and allow to cool before cutting into 9 pieces.
These should be stored in a sealed container in the fridge where they will last for up to 4 days.