The festive season is approaching so I’ve been making some Christmas desserts for No Count. And oh wow! These are delicious! They are only small which is why I used three of them in one dessert but what a great dessert to have on No Count during the festive season. Just make sure you don’t eat them all in one go:-) On No Count, you can have 1 for 1sp, 2 for 3sp and 3 for 4sp. If tracking, they are 3 points each which is a lot considering the size of them.
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 85g oatmeal
- 80g blitzed oats
- 2 flat tbsp Splenda, Truvia or other sweetener that is free on No Count
- pinch of salt
- pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- the zest and juice of one lemon
- 108g mincemeat
- 30g plain flour for rolling out the dough (5g per person is free)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the oatmeal, oats, Splenda, salt and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, olive oil and 50ml of hot water and mix. Bring together into a ball and place on the plain flour, ready to roll out.
- Roll out the dough and then use a pastry cutter to cut out 12 circles. (I used a pastry cutter that was 6cm in diameter and made some biscuits with the dough that was left over.)
- Place into a mini muffin tray and gently press them down so that they fit into the mould.
- Put 9g of mincemeat into each one. (I balanced the tray on the scales – see pic below.)
- Bake in the oven for 13 – 15 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or cold!
Weighing the mincemeat out:-)