This is one of Mands’ (@mands5781 on Connect/@mandst_ww_tortoise on Instagram) amazing recipes but I’ve adapted it ever so slightly to suit No Count. It's a delicious variation of lasagne and well worth trying.
No Count: 1sp
WW Freestyle: 9sp
Ingredients (makes 5):
- 10 sheets of wholewheat dried lasagne
- 400g 5% lean beef mince
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion /carrot /celery chopped finely - soffreito mix if you can get it
- 1 carton of passata
- Italian mixed herbs
- 1 beef oxo cube
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 250g tub of quark
- 100g WW reduced fat grated cheese
- a tbsp olive oil (from daily allowance) Use Frylight if following WW freestyle
- a tsp of garlic granules
- a tsp of mixed herbs
- Soak the wholewheat dried lasagne in a bowl of cold tap water for about an hour – until it’s flexible. You might want to put a couple of spare sheets in as it will tear if it sticks together. Pat dry with a paper towel as you remove each piece from the water. (If you’re following WW Freestyle, you’d be better using fresh lasagne sheets.)
- Sauté garlic and soffreito mix in a pan with the oil until soft and browned.
- Add mince and brown.
- Add the passata, stock, herbs and vinegar and simmer until thick and rich.
- Mix the garlic granules and mixed herbs with the quark.
- Lay out 5 sheets of lasagne lengthways on a baking sheet. Pop half a teaspoon of quark in the middle and then lay the other 5 sheets on top to make a cross.
- When the sauce is done, spoon into the middle of the pasta cross. Fold over and cover with the remaining quark.
- Sprinkle all the grated cheese over evenly and bake on 190C for about 30mins until the cheese is bubbly and brown.
- Served with simple steamed green veg.