This recipe is courtesy of Mands on Connect: she has very kindly provided the recipe and photograph for the website. It is free on No Count or 1 point per serving, if tracking. Chicken and/or prawns could be added to suit non-vegetarians.
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 130g (one medium) sweet potato
- 1 can mixed beans (kidney, cannellini & pinto) drained weight 240g
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 swede
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 garlic cloves
- 15g Tesco Jambalaya paste
- one carton of passata
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- a good grinding of lime pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice and 4 sprigs of fresh coriander
- Blitz or chop all the veg into a small dice but still chunky enough. Cook off all the veg (reserving the peppers) in a little cooking spray /oil, garlic and fennel seeds.
- Make up the stock in 1/2 pint of boiling water and add the herbs, paprika and Jambalaya paste to the stock.
- Pour that and the passata to the pot and simmer.
- Add cooked drained beans, green and red peppers and simmer.
- You may need to add more water to the pot, if required.
- Add the lime pepper, coriander and lime juice at the end.
Simple, quick, and very tasty!!