Many thanks to Mands (@mands5781 on Connect) for this gorgeous recipe. She was inspired by the mini loaf cake she shared with her mum at Kew Gardens. Here is her #wwflex version! Absolutely 0sp on No Count and just 5sp on #wwflex for the whole cake! She has cut it into 10 slices so it will serve 2 slices for 1sp.
Ingredients (makes 10 slices):
- a tin of cooked cannellini beans, drained and washed.
- 3 eggs (separated)
- the juice and rind of 2.5 lemons
- 2 tbsp 0% Greek yoghurt
- 20-30g sweetener to taste (depending on your preference and choice of sweetener. Today I wanted to keep the bake light in colour so I used Canderel Sugarly.)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g ready oats (ie: Ready Brek)
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 30ml Teisseire 0% elderflower syrup
- 1 tbsp lavender seeds
- 1/2 can diet lemonade
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Blitz the beans in a food processor with the egg yolks, yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla extract. Add all the lemon juice and most of the rind, reserving some (about 1 lemon worth) for the topping.
- Stir in the ready oats, 15ml elderflower syrup, 1/4 can of diet lemonade and baking powder. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Whisk the egg whites and fold in.
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake for approx1 hour on 180C.
- Meanwhile, simmer the remaining lemon rind and lavender in the remaining diet lemonade and elderflower to form a light syrup.
- Once the loaf is cooked, allow to cool slightly before poking holes into the loaf and spoon the drizzle over, spreading the lavender and rind over evenly.
- Allow to cool fully in the tin before slicing.