Oh my, these are dee-lish-ous! This is the ‘Banana and Mango Cake’ recipe but I’ve swapped the mango for raspberries and made them into buns. The buns I made are rather large and come in at 3sp each on No Count and 4sp each on WW Flex. (If you make 8 smaller ones, they will be 2sp each on No Count and 3sp each on WW Flex.)
Ingredients (makes 6 large or 8 smaller ones):
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 100g oats
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 60g Flora light
- 3 eggs
- 2 flat tbsp Sukrin gold
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 150g raspberries, halved
- 250ml 0% Total yogurt
- 2g of a sachet of raspberry sugar-free jelly (you may want to use more or less, depending upon taste, but this helps to thicken the yogurt a bit)
- red food colouring
- raspberries and mini marshmallows for decoration
- Mash the bananas and mix in the 3 eggs, skimmed milk and Flora (melted). Set to one side.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oats, flour, Sukrin gold and mixed spice.
- Pour the banana mixture into this bowl and stir together.
- Add the raspberries and mix them in.
- Divide the mixture into cake cases (I used 6 large silicone ones) and bake on 170C for about 30 mins. Check if they are cooked all the way through using a skewer.
- Leave the buns to cool.
- To make the topping, mix the yogurt and sugar-free jelly together. Add a couple of drops of red food colouring to give a deeper pink colour.
- Spread over the cake and decorate with raspberries and mini marshmallows (8g is 0sp).
(The buns would be the same amount of points with or without the topping. They can be kept in the fridge for about 3 days.)