This risotto is free on No Count, or 7 points if counting:
Ingredients (serves 2):
- an onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400ml Vegan stock
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp dried sage, I tend to use fresh where possible
- 300g mushrooms
- black pepper
- 140g of buckwheat or brown risotto rice
- Frylight/healthy oil from your allowance
- Separate the mushrooms from the stalks, chop the stalks finely and the cups into bigger pieces.
- Chop the onion and cook in oil/spray over a low heat in a large pan, till softened. Add mushroom stalks and half the garlic; increase the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice/buckwheat, cook for one minute and add 100ml of warm stock.
- When the liquid has reduced, add half the remaining stock. Stir regularly and keep adding liquid until the rice/buckwheat is tender.
- At the same time, cook the remaining mushrooms and garlic in Frylight.
- Add to the risotto along with herbs and seasoning. Enjoy!