Another recipe combining meat and a fruit flavour which I now love. This used to be a definite no with me, I would never choose meat dishes with fruit accompaniments – not even pork with apple sauce. I’m just glad I’m able to enjoy them now. If tracking, it is 5 points for the pork and sauce – you would need to weigh and track any potatoes/rice you serve with it.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 pork loin steaks with all the visible fat removed
- 4 parsnips, cut into strips
- a butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 300g shallots, halved
- the juice and zest of two oranges
- 2 tbsp Myprotein sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 level tsp cornflour (1 point)
- Make the pork marinade. In a bowl, combine the sugar-free syrup, mustard and orange juice and zest. Put the pork in a dish/tupperware and cover with the marinade. Leave in the fridge for a few hours until ready to cook.
- Put the squash, parsnips and shallots in the slow cooker
- Add the pork and drizzle the remaining marinade over the pork and veg.
- Add the chicken stock and tomato puree, and cook on Low. I cook it for 4 hours in my slow cooker, as it does tend to cook a bit too quickly.
- About fifteen minutes before serving, mix the cornflour with a splash of water and stir into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Serve and enjoy!